Follow Kendrick Foundation on Facebook to learn about Public Health related to the health issues in Morgan County!
Ready Set Quit Tobacco has let us know some interesting facts about smoking and heart disease. #WearRedDay
It’s never too late to quit smoking. Here’s why:
Within 20 minutes
• Blood pressure decreases to normal
• Heartbeat stabilizes
• Temperature of hands and feet increase to normal
Within 8 hours
• Carbon Monoxide level in the blood decreases to normal
• Oxygen level in the blood increases to normal
• Mucus begins to clear from the lungs improving breathing
Within 24 hours
• Chance of a heart attack decreases
Within 48 hours
• Sense of smell and taste improve
• Nerve endings begin repairing
Within 3 months
• Circulation improves
• Walking becomes easier
• Lung function improves
• Immune system improves
Within 9 months
• Coughing, sinus congestion, wheezing, fatigue and shortness of breath decreases
• Cilia regain normal function in the lungs, increasing the ability to handle mucus and clean the lungs
At 1 year
• Risk of coronary heart disease is lowered to half that of a smoker
At 5 years
• Risk of stroke is reduced to that of a person who has never smoked
At 10 years
• Risk of lung cancer drops to half that of a current smoker
• Risk of a mouth, throat, esophagus, bladder, kidney and pancreatic cancer decreases
• Risk of ulcers decreases
At 15 years
• Risk of coronary heart disease is similar to those who have never smoked
• Risk of death returns to similar level to those who have never smoked
Check out this Kendrick Foundation grantee....
Check out this amazing CFMC Podcast with a true woman who knows Indiana Healthcare system. WOW!
Where are We Now?
In 2007 The Kendrick Foundation became it’s own privately held foundation.
However, it maintains a close relationship with the Community Foundation of Morgan County and both foundations continue the desire to care for our neighbors and provide leadership to improve our community.
The Community Foundation of Morgan County staff also shares the responsibilities of the Kendrick Foundation.
Holding assets over $29 million, the Kendrick Foundation provides grant and scholarship funds to medical and health programs, support to community health care outreach programs, healthcare education and financial support to programs for the medically indigent.
Each month Kendrick is focusing on a particular healthcare issue on Public Health initiatives to help Morgan County stay informed.
Want our E-Newsletter?
Keep up with our social media, blog posts, and public health information! Subscribe to our monthly E-Newsletter!